The “Entrepreneur” Application Requirements
There are many entrepreneur programs offered by the provincial governments as part of their provincial nominee programs. Please contact us for the information regarding the provincial programs because they vary from province to province.
On June 24th 2011 the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration announced a temporary moraturium on federal entrepreneur applications from July 1st 2011, until further notice. This means that no applications will be accepted in this category until further notice. Provincial entrepreneur programs remain open.
- You must have experience managing a business.
- You must start or invest in a business that has a good chance of being profitable over the long term.
- You must actively manage the business. You cannot just control the company.
- The business must employ one Canadian other than you and your dependants.
- No minimum start up investment is required.
- 2 or more people can apply together to immigrate and jointly operate the business but each person individually must meet the other requirements.
The Immigration Process
In your application you must show that you have the ability and intent to meet the above requirements. Then you are allowed to immigrate on the condition that you get the business operating within 2 years of immigrating. Expect at least 36 months before you are allowed to immigrate from the time you hire us.
How We Will Increase Your Chances of Success
We will help you develop a business plan that the immigration authorities will find convincing. We will do this by communicating with the Federal and Provincial authorities before your application is completed to try to get as many indications that you will be approved as possible. There are also opportunities to change your application to meet any concerns of the authorities.
We will connect you with people who will help you in Canada who can link you up with prospective business sellers and other crucial advisors like market analysts, bankers and accountants who you need to guide you through the complex process of starting a business in Canada.
Contact us or complete the form in the upper right side of the page if you would like to know more.
Download PDF format by clicking the PDF icon above.